LOGO DESIGN CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The Icons: Face to Face/The Afterword Logo Design Competition (the “Contest”) is designed to allow the general public (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) to submit logo ideas for two projects in development with Legion M Entertainment, Inc. (“Legion”). The winner(s) will be chosen via an online Facebook poll, and prizes will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (“Rules”).
1. Binding Agreement: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Legion as final and binding and that these Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and Legion with respect to the Contest.
2. Eligibility: The Contest is void where prohibited by law, and excludes residents of Quebec, Brazil, Italy, Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, Myanmar (Burma), any individuals or nations restricted by U.S. export controls and sanctions, and is void in any other nation, state, or province where prohibited or restricted by International, U.S. Federal, State or Local law. Subject to such restrictions, this Contest is only open to those who submit logo ideas to Contests@legionm.com (“Contest Site”). Minors who participate must have obtained a parent’s or legal guardian’s prior permission and abide by all Rules herein, especially Section 15 below, which applies specifically to Minors. Any individual with a signed employment or independent contractor agreement with Legion M Entertainment, Inc. is not eligible to participate in the Contest, and neither are their families or household members. The Contest is subject to all applicable international, federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
3. Contest Entry Period: The contest begins on September 30, 2017 at 5 p.m. Pacific Standard Time and ends on October 8, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (“Contest Period”) and can be entered at Contests@legionm.com.
4. How to Enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. You may enter as many times as you wish. To enter the Contest, send one or more logo designs for “ICONS: Face to Face” and/or “The Afterword” during the Contest Period. Entries must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries received without fully completed information (name, number and e-mail together with your logo ideas) or parent permission (in the case of a minor) will be disqualified, and entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the Rules or specifications may also be disqualified at the sole discretion of Legion. Legion accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. All entries will be deemed made by the Entrant submitted at the time of entry. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the Rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Legion.
5. Entry Requirements: Each logo entry must meet the following requirements:
a. Entries must not contain content, material or any other element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state or local laws and regulations.
b. Entries must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, fonts, characters, slogans, logos, trademarks or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Legion, in its sole discretion.
c. Entries must be original works that do not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by any third party entity, including font, characters and style, unless underlying material is in the public domain or unless You acquired the rights to the underlying material in a written contract.
d. Entries cannot contain any content, material or element that violates a third party’s publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
e. Entries are not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
6. Entry Guidelines: Entrants are instructed to consider the following Entry Guidelines when designing their entries:
a. For “ICONS: Face to Face,” Legion is looking for something high tech and timeless.
b. For “The Afterword,” Legion needs something that feels significant and contemplative that befits the circumstances.
c. See the project sizzle reel, which can be found at the 2:05:19 mark of the Worldwide Toast video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wScdkJw0Qic for more reference.
d. Also see the Fast Company article for more reference: https://www.fastcompany.com/3069267/with-icons-legion-m-is-creating-pop-culture-time-capsules-and-pushing-vrs-limits.
7. Effect of Not Following Entry Requirements: During the Contest Period, Legion will be evaluating the entries to ensure that they meet the Entry Requirements. Legion reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits a logo that does not meet the Entry Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification in Legion’s sole discretion.
8. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected according to the following method:
a. Entries will be uploaded to https://legionm.com/shareholder-updates/2017/9/30/legion-m-logo-contest where the public can make comments about each entry.
b. Legion staff will evaluate all entries together with public comments in accordance with these Rules to identify at least one winner for “ICONS: Face to Face” and one winner for “The Afterword.”
c. If Legion staff is unable to decide on a winner, the final entries in the running for winner as determined by Legion staff will be randomly posted for a poll where the public will vote on its favorite logos at Legion M’s Member’s Only Facebook Group.
d. Winner(s) will be chosen on 10/15/17 at 11:59 PST and be notified within twenty-four (24) hours of being chosen.
e. Winner(s) will have ten (10) days to notify Legion of their prize choice, which can either be a one-time $150 cash payment or a one-time $200 credit in the Legion M store, which will represent consideration for all rights in and to their logo design.
5. Notices: Legion shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within ten (10) business days from the time award notification is sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AS DETERMINED IN LEGION’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
6. Judging: Each entry will be judged according to the Entry Guidelines by internal Legion staff using both internal opinion and public comments.
7. Prizes: Upon Winner’s execution of a Release and Affidavit of Eligibility, if required (and the form of which and terms thereof shall be determined by Legion in its sole discretion), the Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Winner”) will receive their choice of a one-time cash prize of $150.00 or a one-time credit of $200.00 in the Legion M store as payment for all rights in and to their logo design. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Legion. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Legion’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Legion to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. Taxes: AWARDS OF PRIZES TO POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO LEGION ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY LEGION, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION TO PERMIT LEGION TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES LEGION IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNERS.
9. Rights Granted by You: By entering your logo design, You understand and agree that Legion, anyone acting on behalf of Legion, and Legion’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the non-exclusive right, to the fullest extent permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, parody, develop, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the Universe, without limitation, your entry (including without limitation your name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for Contest, entertainment, news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes) without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent by you. Except where prohibited by law, all entries become the property of Legion and Entrants hereby grant to Legion the non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide rights to publish, store, reproduce, develop, repurpose and distribute any submission transmitted here without any compensation or further obligation to You. Entrants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power, and authority to grant the foregoing rights. Legion is under no obligation to use or return any submissions and reserves the right to use any and all information related to this Contest, including names and submissions provided by the Entrants, for editorial, marketing, and other purposes without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Notwithstanding the foregoing, You agree that if You are deemed to be the Winner as defined by these Rules, then the non-exclusivity of all of the rights granted by You hereunder shall automatically be changed from non-exclusive to exclusive, except with respect to the rights granted by You hereunder with respect to your name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image and biographical information to the limited extent not contained in your entry (i.e., that the exclusivity of those rights not contained in your entry shall remain non-exclusive).
10. Warranty/Indemnification: By entering this Contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon any intellectual property rights of another, Legion reserves the right to disqualify You in Legion’s sole discretion. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Legion from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Legion may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
11. Terms & Conditions: Legion reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Legion’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Legion may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Legion. Legion reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Legion has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple votes from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Legion reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You (on behalf of yourself and all others associated with entries You submit in connection herewith) agree to release and hold harmless Legion and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) Your participation in the Contest and/or Your acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) any breach or failure of Yours to comply with any of the representations, warranties, obligations and agreements that You make hereunder; (iii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iv) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (v) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; and (vi) electronic or human error in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries. In connection with the foregoing, You, having been informed, and having read the provisions, of California Civil Code § 1542, knowingly and intentionally waive any protection afforded to such party by Civil Code § 1542, which provides as follows: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.” This Agreement is intended to cover all claims or possible claims arising out of or related to those matters referred to in the foregoing releases, whether such claims or possible claims are known, unknown or hereafter discovered or ascertained, and the provisions of Section 1542 of the California Civil Code and any successor statute to it are hereby expressly waived. You expressly acknowledge that You have been advised of the contents and effect of such section, and with such knowledge hereby expressly waive whatever benefits I may have pursuant to such section, and release you, notwithstanding the discovery of any information contrary or additional to that now known or believed by them to be true. The filing or bringing by You of any claim, demand, obligation or cause of action in connection with any matter released hereunder shall constitute a breach of this Agreement.
13. Disputes: THIS Contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States of American AND the State of California WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party (i.e., each of You and Legion) hereby waives any and all rights and benefits which You or it might be entitled to under the laws of California to litigate any such dispute in court, it being the intention of the parties to arbitrate, according to the provisions hereof, all such disputes. Either party may commence arbitration proceedings by giving the other party written notice thereof and in such notice designating one arbitrator. Within twenty (20) days after receipt of such notice, the other party shall designate in writing another arbitrator. If the other party shall fail or refuse, for whatever reason, to select a second arbitrator within twenty (20) days, as aforesaid, then the first arbitrator appointed shall serve as the sole arbitrator and shall promptly determine the controversy. The two arbitrators shall promptly select a third arbitrator, and if they cannot agree on a third arbitrator within ten (10) days after the appointment of the second arbitrator, either party may secure appointment of the third arbitrator by application to the American Arbitration Association. Each of the arbitrators shall be a person experienced and knowledgeable in the entertainment industry. The arbitrators, when appointed, shall promptly determine the controversy by majority vote and such determination shall be final and each of the parties shall be bound thereby. The arbitration shall be conducted in the County of Los Angeles, State of California, and the arbitration shall be governed by and subject to the laws of the State of California and the then prevailing rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrators' decision shall be controlled by the terms hereunder, and You agree that the amount of any damage award shall be limited to your actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Content). Further, under no circumstances shall You be permitted to obtain awards for, and You hereby waive all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, any attorney’s fees in connection herewith, any right to have damages multiplied or increased, or any kind of injunction or any other equitable relief (i.e., the only kind of damage award available to You in connection herewith shall be for money). Any decision by the arbitrators shall provide for each party to bear Your or its own costs of arbitration and attorney's fees. If either party shall fail to appear at the hearing on the date designated in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, or shall otherwise fail to participate in the arbitration proceeding, then the arbitrators or arbitrator, as the case may be, are empowered to proceed ex parte. In no event shall You be entitled to an injunction or any other equitable relief in connection herewith.
15. Not an Offer or Contract of Employment: Under no circumstances shall the submission of an entry into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with Legion or any Contest Entity. Entrants acknowledge they submitted their logo designs voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant or Legion and that no such relationship is established by Entrant’s submission of an entry under these Rules.
16. Winners List: To obtain a copy of Winner(s)’s name(s) or a copy of these Official Rules, visit https://legionm.com/shareholder-updates/2017/9/30/legion-m-logo-contest.
17. Severability: In the event that one or more portions of these Rules shall, for any reason, be held to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any respect, such validity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other provision contained herein. Any delay or failure to require performance of any provision hereof shall in no manner affect any right at a later time to enforce such provision.
18. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is Legion M Entertainment, Inc., 6425 Emeryville, CA94608, USA. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat.